On June 1, we will enter Phase 2 of our reduced service with plans to return to full service still at least several weeks away. We continue to take all needed and recommended safety precautions for all of our staff, bus operators and passengers. You have probably noticed by now we continue to board from the rear doors of our vehicles whenever possible. Hand sanitizer dispensers are present on board for public use. Social distancing will continue on board with seats designated for occupancy. Transparent curtains have been installed to give our bus operators an extra layer of protection from potential germs. Face coverings will continue to be required by all passengers to ride. Fare collection will continue to be suspended as we trend toward the launch of our automated fare collection system. Contactless and cashless fare collection will be mission critical to our future to control the spread of germs. Please be on the lookout for more information on the Dirigo Touchpass system that will be used via smartphone application or stored value card to board.
Our Phase 2 reduced service starting June 1 will be as follows:
- Our Zoom Express will continue to leave the Exit 32 Park and Ride in Biddeford at 6:00 and 7:08 am weekday mornings and 4:09 and 5:35pm weekday afternoons. We will be adding another afternoon run leaving the Exit 32 Park and Ride in Biddeford at 7:15pm arriving on Portland’s Peninsula between 7:45 and 8:00pm on weekdays. Be on the lookout for Zoom Express service beginning and ending at Saco Transportation Center in addition to continued service from the Exit 32 and Exit 36 Park and Rides in the near future.
- Our Portland Intercity Connector service will start again on June 1 with our first run leaving Saco Transportation Center at 6:15am and the final run of the day returning to Saco Transportation Center at 6:30pm Monday through Saturday.
- Our local Black and Orange and Blue and White routes will return to our regular schedule cadence and will expand our service times to start at 5:30 am and end at 6:45pm Monday through Saturday to continue to accommodate local workforce transportation and essential trips.
- We will continue to have an on call bus to service our local route passengers that cannot board due to capacity being met around social distancing requirements until we return to full service. This bus will be in service from 8:15am to 5:30pm Monday through Saturday and will continue to come directly to passengers to reduce their wait times around new safety and social distancing guidelines on board.
- There will be no Maroon Line service, Sunday service or service into the evening hours until we return to full service.
Please know the safety of our Transit staff and our passengers is of the utmost importance. We will continue to clean our buses each morning in preparation for service using our electrostatic disinfectant gun and cleaning fogger to eliminate germs on board. Continued thanks for your support and for your patience during this difficult time for all of us, but the only way to the other side of this challenge is directly through it, mindfully and safely.
Trolley Season Update: May 12, 2020
Due to the continued restrictions designed to control the spread of COVID-19 (Corona Virus), our trolley season is on hold. We continue to monitor the Maine CDC and the Governor’s office for the next set of state guidelines. We are working on if and when we will have a trolley season or not based on current societal conditions and town input as well.
Under the best of conditions, no service would start before Father’s Day weekend at this point. We have not made any decisions how our service would look and are waiting first on businesses, hotels, campgrounds and restaurants getting the green light to open. Social distancing will more than likely be in effect if we do open, so full trolleys will probably not be happening this season regardless.
We ask that you continue to check our website for new information. We will update you as we receive new information.
Please stay safe and we look forward to providing you with safe, fun and reliable trolley transportation as soon as possible.
In the wake of today’s announcement by the Governor along with the news of two BSOOB Transit internal positive tests in the last 8 hours, we are making the difficult but safe and prudent decision to suspend service until at least April 30, 2020.
The internal positive tests and the resulting mandatory quarantine of those in close proximity to the affected along with already protecting staff members at high risk has decimated our driver pool in short order. Even with our reduction in service effective March 20, we will not have a healthy number of bus operators to continue in a positive fashion until we see a collective upswing in internal and societal health. This has come like a hurricane today and we will react as swiftly to combat it. There is no reason to wait.
We are taking every measure to alert our staff and the public immediately including our internal emergency phone tree, website, automated vehicle locator web app and Constant Contact alias group. Every person having had contact with the affected staff has been notified. We have also been in contact with Maine CDC regarding communication best practices during this time.
We are going to do all we can to “flatten the curve” and resume service in the near future as strong as ever. Our recent momentum will not decrease.
Please stay in touch with us for future announcements on service resurrection.
March 31, 2020: In the wake of the growing population becoming infected with COVID-19, we have decided to further reduce service starting Monday, April 6. This decision does not come lightly. We understand that we provide essential services such as medical appointments, going to the pharmacy, getting to work, groceries and more to people in our communities.
Our other obligation is to our staff. Our professional operators have provided outstanding service and have worked through these current complicated situations. But, we feel we must add another layer of protection and provide laser focus toward our operation and their safety as well as the safety of our customers. Reducing services will reduce the number of operators working on a daily basis therefore reducing the risk of exposure.
We will implement the following service reductions:
ZOOM Express will be reduced to one bus. It will begin operations from Exit 32 Park & Ride at 6:00 am and the second run will be at 7:08 am. In the afternoon, ZOOM Express will start service at 4:09 pm and the second run will start at 5:35 pm.
Green Line (Portland Inter-City) will remain unchanged.
Maroon Line service will be suspended until further notice.
Local runs, White & Blue, Black & Orange will continue to operate at the previously reduced schedule
We will be sharing information via our website www.BSOOBTransit.org. An “Alert” button has been created and will be updated frequently. We will also use our AVL “Where’s the Bus” app which can be downloaded at transit.unitegps.com/bsoob. We will also use Constant Contact. Simply visit our website and go to Rider Info and sign up by clicking on the “Notify Me” button. Choose the general category or one service that fits you the best.
And finally, we will use social media such as Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter as appropriate. Please take the time to connect with us in one or more of these options so we may provide you up to date information during these critical times.
Dear BSOOB Transit customers,
BSOOB transit is disinfecting our busses on a daily basis. With the coronavirus in the news, BSOOB Transit has a disinfecting agent and an electrostatic spray gun to better ensure that our buses are clean. We mop the floors and wipe down surfaces regularly. As the coronavirus continues to spread in our area, we continue to be aggressive to our cleaning and disinfecting procedures. Surfaces are wiped down with disinfecting wipes and floors are mopped every day as well. During layovers and between shifts, drivers are continuing to wipe down railings and any surfaces touched by passengers. Customers are encouraged to use caution and common sense when boarding and exiting the bus. Please follow the CDC recommendations for washing your hands and other measures to protect yourself and others. If you are sick, please stay home. A link to how we are disinfecting the busses, as mentioned above, follows this statement. Please take a moment to watch it.
For updates please go to our website, www.BSOOBTransit.org, and under Rider Information section, “Notify Me”, and sign up for Constant Contact to get all the latest updates as well as check out our Alerts section.
All the Staff at Biddeford Saco Old Orchard Beach Transit take pride in our commitment to keeping our customers and employees safe.
Here are all the ways you can connect with Biddeford Saco Old Orchard Beach Transit :
- Website – BSOOBTransit.org This is a great overall experience and single source for all of our latest updates. We have links to sign up for Constant Contact (Notify Me) and our Automated Vehicle Locator app (Bus Locator) that gives you the ability to see where our buses are located in real time. Please check our website often to readily find the latest information (Rider Info / Alerts)
- Constant Contact – Sign up on our website (Notify Me) and pick which bus line you are interested in receiving information about. Feel free to pick one or all the routes.
- Automated Vehicle Locator App – Go to our website and click on the Bus Locator button or go to transit.unitegps.com/bsoob and gain access to this great new tool. See where the buses are in real time. You will also see up to the minute messages here too.
- Facebook – Search for BSOOB Transit to like us, become fans, friends and follow us. Here we will keep it light and fun and show you information about our routes and role in the community.
- YouTube – Find us at Biddeford Saco Old Orchard Beach Transit to see important video messages.
- LinkedIn – Find us at BSOOB Transit. We will use this professional message board to update you on larger organizational events and happenings.
- Twitter – Find us at BSOOB Transit@ShuttleBus_Zoom. Here we will give you immediate information on our organization, buses and community involvement.
- Instagram – Find us at bsoob_transit. Here we will keep the message light and fun. This is a good place to see us in action.