Biddeford Saco Old Orchard Beach Transit partners with the Maine Chamber of Commerce and Industry to spread the word about health and safety guidelines to help stop the spread of COVID-19 (click here to read full article)
A message from our Executive Director – Tony Scavuzzo
Here is an update for you regarding our continued increase in service in response to the COVID-19 pandemic situation.
On Sunday, August 2, our Black and Orange, Blue and White and Portland Intercity Connector services will return to pre-COVID-19 service Monday through Saturday. Schedules will be posted soon at BSOOBTransit.org.
Also, on Sunday, August 2, our new Sunday service hours will commence. Our Black and Orange, Blue and White lines and Portland Intercity Connector will begin at 8:45am from Saco Transportation Center with the final run of the day leaving Saco Transportation Center at 4:15pm.
Please be on the lookout for more service increases in the coming weeks including our UNE Yellow Line run and enhanced Zoom Express service to Portland’s Peninsula. Our Zoom Express will soon have runs not only continuing to leave from Maine Turnpike Exit 32 and Exit 36 Park and Rides, but also Saco Transportation Center to begin to service the downtown Biddeford/Saco mill district more effectively.
On Sunday August 2nd, we will be expanding service on three of our runs.
Local service on Black & Orange and Blue & White will begin operating at 8:45 am on Sundays. The final run of the day will leave the Saco Transportation Center at 4:15 pm.
Weekdays, these two runs will be back to full service starting at 5:30 am with the final run leaving Saco Transportation Center at 9:15 pm.
Similar expansion of service will take place on the Green Line service to Portland.
Sunday service will start at 8:45 am and the final run will leave Saco Transportation Center at 4:15 pm.
Weekdays the Green Line will be back to full service starting at 6:15 am with the final run leaving the Saco Transportation Center at 9:15 pm.
Updated schedules can be found on our website BSOOBTransit.org.
Current safety rules will remain in effect. A Mask or face covering must be worn. No Mask-No Ride.
Our buses will continue to operate at 50% passenger capacity. Please practice social distancing whenever possible. Fares will remain FREE until further notice.
Thank you for riding with Biddeford Saco Old Orchard Beach Transit.
The 2020 Trolley Season has officially arrived
The Trolleys will be running daily from 10 am to midnight June 19th to Labor Day
Here are the guidelines for riding this season:
Mask/face covering must be worn while riding
To the extent practicable, maintain social distancing while on board
Enter / Exit through the rear door
To the extent practicable, sit in designated seats
Limit all contact with the driver Free Fares until June 28th
Monday, June 28th
Fares are $2 for all riders over the age of five (5)
Exact fares are encouraged
Riders will enter in through the front doors
Riders will exit through the rear doors
All safety measures remain in effect
If you enjoyed your trip, please feel free to tip
Stay safe and enjoy your visit to Old Orchard Beach. Thank you for riding with Biddeford Saco Old Orchard Beach Transit
On June 1, we will enter Phase 2 of our reduced service with plans to return to full service still at least several weeks away. We continue to take all needed and recommended safety precautions for all of our staff, bus operators and passengers. You have probably noticed by now we continue to board from the rear doors of our vehicles whenever possible. Hand sanitizer dispensers are present on board for public use. Social distancing will continue on board with seats designated for occupancy. Transparent curtains have been installed to give our bus operators an extra layer of protection from potential germs. Face coverings will continue to be required by all passengers to ride. Fare collection will continue to be suspended as we trend toward the launch of our automated fare collection system. Contactless and cashless fare collection will be mission critical to our future to control the spread of germs. Please be on the lookout for more information on the Dirigo Touchpass system that will be used via smartphone application or stored value card to board.
Our Phase 2 reduced service starting June 1 will be as follows:
- Our Zoom Express will continue to leave the Exit 32 Park and Ride in Biddeford at 6:00 and 7:08 am weekday mornings and 4:09 and 5:35pm weekday afternoons. We will be adding another afternoon run leaving the Exit 32 Park and Ride in Biddeford at 7:15pm arriving on Portland’s Peninsula between 7:45 and 8:00pm on weekdays. Be on the lookout for Zoom Express service beginning and ending at Saco Transportation Center in addition to continued service from the Exit 32 and Exit 36 Park and Rides in the near future.
- Our Portland Intercity Connector service will start again on June 1 with our first run leaving Saco Transportation Center at 6:15am and the final run of the day returning to Saco Transportation Center at 6:30pm Monday through Saturday.
- Our local Black and Orange and Blue and White routes will return to our regular schedule cadence and will expand our service times to start at 5:30 am and end at 6:45pm Monday through Saturday to continue to accommodate local workforce transportation and essential trips.
- We will continue to have an on call bus to service our local route passengers that cannot board due to capacity being met around social distancing requirements until we return to full service. This bus will be in service from 8:15am to 5:30pm Monday through Saturday and will continue to come directly to passengers to reduce their wait times around new safety and social distancing guidelines on board.
- There will be no Maroon Line service, Sunday service or service into the evening hours until we return to full service.
Please know the safety of our Transit staff and our passengers is of the utmost importance. We will continue to clean our buses each morning in preparation for service using our electrostatic disinfectant gun and cleaning fogger to eliminate germs on board. Continued thanks for your support and for your patience during this difficult time for all of us, but the only way to the other side of this challenge is directly through it, mindfully and safely.
Old Orchard Beach Summer Trolley Announcement (expired, please see most current post for updated information)
Trolley Season Update: May 12, 2020
Due to the continued restrictions designed to control the spread of COVID-19 (Corona Virus), our trolley season is on hold. We continue to monitor the Maine CDC and the Governor’s office for the next set of state guidelines. We are working on if and when we will have a trolley season or not based on current societal conditions and town input as well.
Under the best of conditions, no service would start before Father’s Day weekend at this point. We have not made any decisions how our service would look and are waiting first on businesses, hotels, campgrounds and restaurants getting the green light to open. Social distancing will more than likely be in effect if we do open, so full trolleys will probably not be happening this season regardless.
We ask that you continue to check our website for new information. We will update you as we receive new information.
Please stay safe and we look forward to providing you with safe, fun and reliable trolley transportation as soon as possible.
May 1, 2020-BSOOB Transit Limited Essential Service (expired, please see most current post for updated information)
Starting May 1, 2020 BSOOB will start Limited Essential Service(expired, please see most current post for updated information)